Corn & Cheese Enchiladas
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 medium ears)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack
- 1 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar or monterey jack
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
2) While tortillas are baking, oil a 7x11 glass baking dish. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
3) Remove tortillas from foil. Mix cheeses together. Set aside 1/2 cup of cheese. You can omit the pepper jack if it's too spicy. Spoon heaping tablespoon of corn mixture in center of tortilla. Sprinkle with a heaping tablespoon of cheese. Roll up tortilla and set in dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, overlapping them slightly. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes.