Monday, August 4, 2008

Friday Night, Steak Night

Apparently, this has been a tradition with Dad and Bev for many, many years. I had not heard of it until my brother, Steve came in town about 4 1/2 years ago. I've always lived in Plano, and Dad and Bev have lived in Kaufman for about 14 years now. Steak night was their tradition. I am excited that since I've moved to Forney (to spend more time with family) that Friday Night Steak Night has become part of my tradition too. Everyone at work knows about it. Especially when I had to go from the 10oz filet to a 5 oz. It's not been easy, and lately, I've gone back to the 10oz. Dad got me portabella mushrooms last Friday night. We marinated them in balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, and worchestershire sauce. They were delicious. Not sure I can give up steak every Friday night, but it's good to know it's a great alternative.

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...