Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Finally, Got my Music


Actually, I had the car packed, and headed out. I was stopping at Kwik Kar off Hwy 80 and Beltline for an Oil change and car wash. Then, to the Exxon for Gas.. the on the road, baby. While at the Kwik Kar, I realized that I didn't pack any CDs. I was doing great on time. There wasn't a wait at all at Kwik Kar. It only took 20 minutes to get the CDs. I listened to Madonna first - "Holiday- Celebration - let's come together like every nation". I used to listen to her "cassette" in the 80's while I was at Tech. I also listened to Phil Collins.. " Please give me one more night, just one more night.. 'one more night cuz I can't wait forever".... "Sussudio... give me a chance, give me a signnnnn.. Sussudio... uh oh!" and my all time favorite, "I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh Lord ". Brings back memories of clubbing in Lubbock. Well, those of you who know me, know that my CD player is finicky. CDs have a tendency to get stuck. They will play, but for some reason, I cannot remove them. I had John Mayer in my CD player for a while, then last year on my way back from Lubbock, it was Fergi. This year, only 2 hours into the roadtrip - a Motown CD got stuck. It's still there. Lots of Dianna Ross and the Supremes. Needless to say, I sang alot of C/W songs on the way back home.


No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...