Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend - Vaca to Lubbock



It's August. It is time for my annual vacation to Lubbock, Texas. This is my 4th year. It started when I took Ryan to Texas Tech his Freshman year in 2004. Boy, the dorms are so old. They haven't been updated since I went to Tech in 1984. In 2005, his sophomore year, he moved into a house with some guys about 15 minutes from campus. He wanted his car, so Dad and I followed him in his Volvo from Dallas to Lubbock. That was a long and stressful trip, but that damn car made it. Believe it or not, it's still running. In 2006, he moved into the coolest apartment ever. So, once again, I was there. Lucky me, I got to move him in his new apartment while he was at work. In 2007, again, moved to a new apartment. Not as cool as the other one, but clean, all bills paid, and his own bathroom. Here we are, 2008. His last semester. This time - he has already moved. So, we get to have fun. I have tickets for the first Tech game of the season.

1 comment:

Abbydog3 said...

I can't believe how fast time goes. Maybe the large hardon collider has advanced time.

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...