I got to light the first fire of the Fall on Friday night. This picture was taken with my iPhone, so please excuse the poor quality. I had visitors over the weekend, so unfortunately, I do not have much to blog about today.
But I will tell you this..
I lit another fire on Saturday night, and you would have thought I had created it by rubbing two sticks together. My visitors had not seen the "duraflame" logs used before. First, they were amazed that I didn't have a "gas" fireplace, that it actually is "woodburning". When I put the log in the fireplace, and lit the paper, that was extremely fascinating to my visitors. They stood in front of the fireplace like children waiting to roast marshmallows. It was pretty funny. They couldn't believe that you just "left" the paper on.. how quickly it became fire, how pretty it was, etc.
Who knew entertaining could be so freakin' easy!