Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Peel Me A Grape

So, you may be asking yourself.. where did this "Peel Me A Grape" title come from.. why did it change from "simplysandi"?

I have decided that "simplysandi" is no longer original.  When I created my very first blog, "simplysandi", I didn't know that there was another "simplysandi" blog.  My first clue should have been when I couldn't actually get just "simplysandi" but had to name it "simplysandiblog".  Duh !  But I was new to the whole world of blogging.  Then, Vera Wang stole my idea with her "Simply Vera" line at Kohl's, and I just didn't feel simply original anymore.

I discovered Diana Krall back in 1998 - switching channels on cable.. and she was playing at a festival in Rhode Island.  She is awesome.  She sings jazz... and one of the songs she sings is "Peel Me A Grape"...
(If you click on the title of this blog, it will take you to her website.)

I love this song, and grapes are made from wine, and I love wine, and I thought maybe if I did actually "peel" the grapes before I ate them, I might even lose some weight... which is a thing I'd LOVE to do... so it's simply a winning combo..

So, welcome to my head! Look forward to sharing more of my wacky thoughts with you... one grape at a time!

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...