Thursday, October 29, 2009

Test Kitchen - Toasted Ravioli


Ingredients
1 pkg stuffed ravioli
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups italian bread crumbs
salt and pepper
1/3 cup parmesan reggiano
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
splash of half n half or milk

Directions

  • In a small bowl, whip the eggs with the splash of half and half or milk. 
  • In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs and parmesan reggiano cheese together. Salt and pepper to taste.
  • In a skillet over medium heat, add the 3 tablespoons of olive oil.  Once it is hot, dip the naked ravioli into the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Toast until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Note: I made these using ravioli stuff with spicy beef and sausage.  They were good, but very rich.  I will try again using cheese stuffed ravioli.  I got the recipe from Rachael Ray, but modified it because hers included flat leaf parsley and a dipping sauce recipe.  I just used what I had in the fridge, and the flavor was fabulous.


No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...