Monday, April 12, 2010

Hummingbird Cake


A friend first pointed out the Hummingbird Cake
from a recent issue in Food Network Magazine

Then I saw it on this blog  - Paris Pastry 

Loved the updated look with the chips on it, so I decided to make it

I followed this recipe   for the cake 
then I used this recipe to try to recreate Sprinkles Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting
(got this idea from above mentioned friend as well)

I used white chocolate and cinnamon chips for the decoration
I must say, this is a very easy cake to make
and the results are pretty amazing

2 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I have always wanted to try one of these. They sound so pretty and sweet.

And maybe if I have a slice, I can move as fast as a hummingbird!

Anonymous said...

Sandi.....what a very beautiful cake ! Too bad it wasn't in time for your Dad's birthday { although.....you had to come through with that.....super fast ! }. Nice find.....and nice work !......Keep it up ! We love enjoying the " fruits " of your labor...........love.....Norm

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...