Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer Reading - Texas Style

Marfa Shadows by John DeMers

I just got this book in the mail from Amazon!
Can't wait to start it...
Has anyone read it?

Its a fiction book about a chef in Marfa, TX

The Icing on the Cupcake
by Jennifer Ross

This was recommended from my book club

The main character lives in Dallas, TX
Her fiance breaks off the engagement
and
she ends up in New York
She likes to bake cupcakes, so the book includes recipes

I just finished reading it
It is totally chick lit,
so if it's your thing, I recommend it!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I always love reading Chick Lit in the summer, it's a nice change from books that make you think. I'll definitely have to check out Icing on the Cupcake, it sounds like my kind of book :)

Happy SITS Saturday!

Lindsey said...

I can't say that I have ever read chick lit. I just may have to try it once I finish my greatest 100 novels. Happy SITS Saturday.

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...