These aren't pretty...
...but they sure are good!!!
When I was a teenager,
we used to hang out at sandwich place called
They are still around, just not the one we used to go to off Skillman.
We loved these nachos
and every once in a while
I just get the craving...
so I made up my own
tortilla chips or tostadas
sharp cheddar cheese, grated
button mushrooms (jar), drained
1 avocado -ripen
1/2 cup pace picante sauce
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Cover baking sheet with foil
- Layer with tortilla chips (or tostadas)
- Top with cheese (as much as you want)
- Place mushrooms on top of cheese and chips
- Bake until cheese is melted about 10 minutes
While the nachos are baking, make the guacamole
- With a fork, mash the avocado and salsa together
- Stir in salt and lime
- Spread the guacamole over the warm nachos
Grab a bunch of napkins, and enjoy!