I bought this JJ&B
Fig & Walnut Jam
at our local
White Rock Local Market
It is amazing
Fig & Blue Cheese Tarts
(From Paula Deen's Christmas Magazine)
- 2 (1.9 oz) packages frozen mini phyllo shells
- 1/2 cup fig/walnut preserves ( you can use fig preserves and add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts)
- 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Place phyloo shells in cups of miniature muffin pans
- In a small bowl, combine fig/walnut preserves, cream cheese, and blue cheese, stirring to combine. Spoon mixture into phyllo shells. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to boil over medium-heat high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until vinegar is reduced by 1/3 cup. Cool for 10 minutes. Spoon vinegar reduction over tarts. Serve immediately.
These are AMAZING. We actually served them at a Breaking Dawn party, then I made them for a wine party. They are perfect with hearty reds such as Cabernet Sauvignon.
Buy quality blue cheese and crumble it yourself. It really makes a different.