Monday, August 19, 2013

Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Nachos

Fried Wonton Chips with Parmesan Cheese

Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Nacho
Terelli's is one of my favorite restaurants
here in Dallas

They have these amazing

They make homemade pizza chips
&
you get to choose your own toppings

I've been dying to make these at home
but I did not want to try to make
my own homemade pizza chips

 I decided to try wonton wrappers
I tried baking them first, but it just was not crunchy enough

I do not like to fry food, but
I really wanted a "chip" for my italian nachos
Once I fried them in canola oil,
I think the angels started singing
These are delicious

There isn't really a fancy recipe for this
Just buy a package of wonton wrappers
(usually in the produce section of most grocery stores by the tofu)

Fill the bottom of a skillet with canola oil, heat on medium high
Cut the wonton wrappers into triangles
Once the oil is hot, place them in the skillet 
(do not overcrowd)
Cook until just slightly golden and crispy
Drain them on a paper towel
Sprinkle with grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
(taste if you want)

Then add the toppings of your choice:
(pepperoni, prociutto, pancetta, bacon, meatball, salami, shrimp, anchovies, artichokes, roasted garlic, capers, sundried tomatoes, onions, mushrooms,spinach, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, ricotta, feta, goat cheese, basil, parsley, pine nuts, etc)

Broil for about 2-3 minutes - watch closely
You just want the cheese you choose to melt!

Next time, I'm going to add proscuitto and roasted garlic

What are your favorite italian toppings?  

2 comments:

Andj said...

This is such a cool idea! Looks delicious :-)

Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste said...

Love the idea of savory nachos! Can't wait to try these!

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...