Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Christmas Bundt Cake

Red & Green Bundt Cake

Red and Green Swirl Christmas Bundt Cake
This is one of the desserts I served Christmas 2014

I used a white cake mix.
I beat the ingredients based on the box directions.
I separated the mixture into 3 separate bowls
Mixed one with green gel coloring
Mixed the other with red gel coloring
Left some white

I poured the white mixture into the bundt pan first
then layered the green inside the white
then the red inside the green

I will admit that I seem to have trouble
getting bundt cakes to come out "clean"
in the traditional bundt pans
The bundt pans that have more detail
I seem to not have a problem
I think I get impatient and try to remove it too soon before it's completely cool

So, what you cannot see if that this cake didn't come out clean
It separated
I was initially going to just use a powdered sugar glaze
but that did not hide my mistake
So, thanks to pinterest
I found a solution
White "whipping frosting" in the can
I separated it out into 2 bowls
Added green gel coloring to one
Then red gel coloring to the other
microwaved them "separately"
and "ta da"
It looked amazing
and no one was the wiser 
 

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...