Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Overnight Salad

This salad is amazing.  
A friend of mine mentioned how they have it every year for Thanksgiving.  
I started serving it 2 years ago at Christmas, 
and it was a big hit. 
I even make it at Easter.
  
This salad was part of my Christmas 2014 dinner party. 
This recipe serves a big crowd (15-20)
I served it with Scalloped Potatoes, a ham from Honeybaked Ham, and a shrimp/crawfish "dressing" aka "stuffing"

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the salad 
with the bacon and parmesan cheese on top

Overnight Salad before the dressing

Overnight Salad with dressing

Overnight Salad

In large bowl add:
  • Lettuce (torn)
  • Cauliflower (chopped)
  • Broccoli (chopped)
  • Purple Onion (chopped)
  • Carrots (grated)
  • Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
In separate bowl mix:
  • 2 cups Mayonnaise
  • ¼ cup Sugar
  • 1 (1oz) Package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
Spread dressing on top of vegetables.
Seal container and refrigerate overnight.
 

Before Serving:
Toss salad.
Mix in and/or sprinkle parmesan cheese and *bacon bits on top.


*Note: I do not use bacon bits.  I'm pretty picky about bacon.  I put a couple slices on a baking sheet with a rack. I cover the baking sheet with foil first . Cook on 400 degrees until the bacon is crispy, about 20-25 minutes .

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...