1 lb lean ground beef
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 32oz low sodium beef broth
1 15oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 cup half n half
3 TBSP flour
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP yellow mustard
8 oz block sharp cheddar, grated
splash, dill pickle juice (optional)
1. Brown beef and onions, drain grease, put mixture back in pan (salt/pepper ground beef while browning)
2. Add garlic, cook 1 minute or until fragrant
3. In a small bowl, whisk the flour and half/half together
4. Pour mixture into the pan with ground beef/onion. Bring to a boil, then simmer.
5. Add broth, diced tomatoes, mustard and pickle juice.
6. Bring to boil, then simmer about 20 minutes.
7. Add cheese, cook another 10/20 minutes on low.
8. Salt/pepper to taste