11/3 cup granulated sugar
6 tbsp butter, softened
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
3 tbsp thawed lemonade concentrate
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 tbsp butter, softened
2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 tsp thawed lemonade concentrate
1/2 tsp vanilla
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cold
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, beat with mixer at med speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda stir w/ whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternately to sugar mixture, beat well after each addition.
3. Pour batter into 2 (9 inch) cake pans coated with cooking spray, sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack, remove from pan, cool completely on wire tracks.
To Prepare Frosting:
1. Combine all ingredients but powdered sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer @ high speed until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat @ low speed just until blended (do not over beat) Chill 1 hour.
2. Place 1 cake layer on plate, spread with 1/2 c frosting. Place the 2nd cake layer on top. Frost rest of cake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Note: you may prepare the frosting before starting the cake since it has to chill for a hour
I love sausage balls. I've been making them for years. I think it's been at least 15-20 years. These are one of many...
This is one of my favorites It is inspired by the smoked gouda pimento cheese we buy here locally (D/FW) at Market Street It took 2 test...
As I promised in a previous post about all things heart, I decided to start with the heart tube pan because it's the easiest. All Pamp...