I love sausage balls. I've been making them for years. I think it's been at least 15-20 years. These are one of many favorite appetizers served for our Thanksgiving Eve gathering every year.
This recipe is a modification of the Jimmy Dean Sausage Cheese Ball Recipe.
Spicy Sausage Balls
- 1 - 16oz Jimmy Dean Regular Pork Sausage
- 1 - 16oz Jimmy Dean Hot Pork Sausage
- 1 1/2 cup bisquick
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 to 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce (medium) or your favorite chunky picante sauce
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients I usually do the sausage and picante sauce first. I use my hands as this makes a lot so you need a big bowl. Then, add the bisquick - about halfway through mixing it, I had the cheese.
- Spray non stick cooking spray on a baking sheet.
- Form into 1" balls. They don't really spread but will stick together if they are too close.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes. Because of the sauce, they take a little more time to cook.
*** I've not been endorsed for product recommendations. These are my go to products for this recipe.