|Blackened Chicken Taco|
I'm always looking for a quick and easy recipe that I can stretch into several meals. This blackened chicken recipe happens to be a very good one. I used a pound of chicken tenders. It made quite a lot. I used them to make street tacos - see above as well as put them in a salad. It's awesome with pasta as well.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 5oz can evaporated milk
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Put in a large resealable bag along with the chicken tenders. Shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Saute the chicken 5-7 minutes or until done. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- In the same pan, add evaporated milk scraping the bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook one minute or until bubbly. Pour over chicken.