|Tuna Noodle Casserole|
6 oz wide egg noodles
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
1/3 cup celery, diced
7 oz can tuna packed in water, drained well
1 - 10.5 oz can cream of celery
2 tbsp mayo (hellman's(
4 tbsp light sour cream
3 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Topping of choice
- Preheat oven 350. Spray a 7x11 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Prepare egg noodles per the pkg instructions. Slightly under cook them as they will bake in the over. Drain well. Place them in the baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium to medium high heat, melt butter, add the celery, saute a bit, then add the onions. Cook until celery and onions are softened and almost translucent. Let cool, then place them in the baking dish with the noodles.
- In a bowl, add cream of celery, mayo, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Then add the tuna and cheddar cheese.
- Pour over the noodle mixture.
- Top with your favorite topping (fried onions, crushed crackers, breadcrumbs, etc)I used cracker crumbs from Savory Original Party Cracker mix. It was delicious.