Saturday, October 4, 2008

Norma Kamali


I was at Walmart, and there it was. The Norma Kamali Collection. At Walmart!! At Walmart! In all my favorite colors - black, white and red. At Walmart! OMG! My Aunt Janae lived in New York in the 80's. She has an exquisite eye for style, and would send me her "gently" worn clothes. (Side bar - My first "real" job was a receptionist for Wang Laboratories. My clothes were so nice - there were rumors that the company had given me a clothing allowance. Aunt Janae rocks.. and this won't be the last time you hear of her)
One of my favorite pieces was a long flowing skirt with blue/black squares -I think it was flannel. I remember wearing that alot in the late 80's. I don't remember how I looked or what I wore it with. I wish I had a picture. Anyway, seeing the Norma Kamali line at Walmart brought back so many memories. I wanted one of everything - the most expensive item was $20. for a wrap dress. I didn't get that - but I did buy a tank for $6., a long sleeve black t-shirt with a zebra on it for $8., and a pair of black leggings for $10. Really, I was like a kid in a candy store. The prices were amazing. I just couldn't get over it. As soon as I got in the car, I called Aunt Janae and several friends. I am on the look out for a black short sleeved t-shirt with a white lips (like a kiss) . There was only one left - and it was a small.. which, for NOW, is not my size.

If you click on the title of this blog, it will take you to the Norma Kamali collection at Walmart. Anyway, this girl is very excited (if you couldn't tell ) I hope to see more of her stuff there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can also go to www.normakamalicollection.com and see the entire walmart collection... It's amazing!

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...