Monday, January 25, 2010

On the hunt for Bundt...

...not really...

but

I just cannot seem to get away from this topic, like at Christmas when I blogged about it twice

Yesterday, I stopped at a local Goodwill - in search of all things written of and by "Julia Child".
(I am sorry, I refuse to spend $30 on any of her books when I just KNOW they are out there collecting dust)


Like this one that I found on a shelf at my stepmom's house..

anyway, I digress,

While at Goodwill, I found this bundt pan in it's original packaging!


It was burnt orange, and it even had the original instructions
 (which in itself makes me laugh - who needs instructions on how to use a bundt pan? )
The pan was scratched up pretty bad, so I resisted the urge to buy it..
even though as I sit here right now typing this,
I want to go back to Goodwill this instant to get it before someone else does.
But I keep asking myself, "Why? When I really do not even cook with bundt pans but once a year"
Then I tell my "other" self that "it's a collector's item"
but then I envision the conversation with the Clean House patrol on why I'm hanging on to something that I can't use. It's not like I'm going to actually display it anywhere.

I'd like to say this is the last you are going to hear from me on the subject of the bundt,
but I just cannot make any guarantees at this time.


No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...