Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Celebration



 Who knew that this table

could grow into this table???
I thought it was going to be all complicated
 but..
all I had to do is pull out each end of the table

and waaa-laaa
10 +1 place settings
for all my special mom's
and their spouses

A family gathering isn't a gathering without a kid's table


Breads and Cheeses
(my favorites)

This is the dessert and drink table

Wine...
more wine...
water and soft drinks

more water...
this is so simple and has such a wow factor
just throw blueberries and lemons or limes in a pitcher of water

Dessert
Mini angel foods cakes from Costco
with toppings-
whipped cream, sliced strawberries, blueberries, bananas,
Dread Head Chef's Strawberry Mango Salsa and Pineapple Banana Macadamia Nut Salsa

and of course, something chocolate
(and folks, it looks like bundt is just a part of our lives)
this is a bundt cake that my friend, Wendy brought
O
M
G
delicious

Click here for the cake recipe
&
here for the glaze recipe



Oh yeah...
the main course..

&
Stuffed Pasta Shells


I will post the Stuffed Shells Recipe this week

A gift for all the mom's
Lavender or Peppermint Salt Scrubs
(Recipe to be posted later this week)



Thanks to Wendy for taking pictures for me so I could play hostess.
She did a fantastic job

I especially LOVE the staging of the HOT trivet behind the lasagna!

Just curious...
why this picture ?



2 comments:

Wendy Flatt said...

<> Because it made you look all SMART and GLAMOUROUS for having it in your bedroom...ha!

Thanks for the props...I'm getting more and more jealous that I don't have an iPhone with all those fancy-pants features on it!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a feast. I'm sure all who attended were most appreciative. You have a lovely blog. I'll be back as often as possible to see more. I hope you ate having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...