Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trader Joe's Road Trip

So, I posted this last Fall.
In response to the news that Trader Joe's
is coming to Dallas,
I have to say
I am so ecstatic!
No more 600 mile road trips!
_________________________________
(Repost from Nov 2010)
Remember about a month ago,
when I went with
my friends
Misty & Melissa
to
eat Paella

Here's how the conversation went:
(melissa) - have you tried Almond Champagne?
(me) - no
(misty) - oh my gah, it is soooo good! You have to try it
(me)  - where do you get it?
(melissa) - it's from Trader Joe's. I'm sure you can find something locally that is similar, but this stuff is really good, and it's only $5 or $6
(me) - oh, I love Trader Joe's. I wish we had one here in Texas
I have emailed them, but there are no plans anytime soon to come here
dangit!
(misty) -  I have never been to Trader Joe's
(me) - You would love it. I have once or twice - I love 2 buck chuck
(melissa) - it's great. it's 2.99 outside of california, but it's still cheap and good
 oh we should go sometime. The closest one is in St Louis
(me and misty) -road trip.. that would be so fun
(melissa) - we should plan it
(misty and me) - we should!!!
(melissa, misty and me) - blah blah blah yadda yadda
somebody said - i'm available halloween weekend,  then somebody else said - me too, and then another -  me too

Road Trip to Trader Joe's was on
Melissa would drive - she and I would share the gas
Misty would get the hotel for one night
We'd only pack one bag each to save room
for our champagne and wine

By the time I got home that night,
Melissa had already emailed the address
to the closest Trader Joe's to us in Dallas, TX
Only 600 miles away in Chesterfield, Missouri

Saturday morning we met at Misty's at 6ish
After a stop at Sonic for tea
&
Starbucks for coffee and snacks
We were on the road by 6:45AM


..and after a couple stops
 (one in Oklahoma
 by Police officer Doogie Howser
only giving us a "warning"
 thank goodness to not go 67 in a 55)
we arrived at our destination
Trader Joe's in Chesterfield
approximately 6:45 pm

 2 hours later...
 5 cases of almond champagne
too many cases of wine to count
a couple groceries

we were the happiest girls in the world
Shout out to Dave, Sue, Jean Marie and R. Chris
@ Trader Joe's
They ROCKED!!!


We left early Sunday morning - again 6ish
We got home about 5pm
Here's the SUV filled with our food and wine
 Here's just the wine and 1 box of champagne
 Here are the other 4 boxes of champagne
 Here are my groceries
I think I bought the most food
omg
The prices were unbelievable
brie, gouda, lobster ravioli,
chicken meatballs,
peppercorn garlic pork tenderloin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, I feel like a celebrity! Thanks to fantastic foodies willing to go the extra mile for some good drinks, eats and roadtrip fun. Looks like the begin of a beautiful TJ world tour odyssey. Watch out Nebraska (or New Mexico). Spring will sprung another TJ visit :) We truly need a band name! Fans...any suggestions? Thanks for the write up Sandi. Hugs, Melissa

Janae Brooklynn said...

How much fun!!!

I'll go with you if you go to Santa Fe.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin you should have brought......a bus ! Looks like a very happy trip. Will have to think up a cool name for your group !.........luv.......Norm

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...