I first used Pioneer Women's recipe to make these
I have since put my own twist on them
6 pieces thin bacon
1 ounce block cream cheese - softened
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt (I use Lawry's)
1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup red pepper jelly
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese with the cumin, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, corn, and grated cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Slice jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and membranes. (This helps tame the heat of the peppers)
- Cut the bacon in half. You should have a enough bacon for each pepper.
- Stuff the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the bacon slices around each half.
- Brush the top of the bacon with the red pepper jelly (chutney or apricot jelly work too)