Jalapeno Popper Mac-n-Cheese


Jalapeno Popper Mac-n-Cheese

Ingredients:
1 lb Cavatappi pasta (corkscrew shape)
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cups half-n-half
1 1/2 cups pickled jalapenos, chopped 
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese - grated
2 tsp butter, melted
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
 
Directions:
1) Boil pasta per directions on the package, drain and place back in pan
2) Add half-n-half and cream cheese until creamy
3) Add jalapenos and cheese
4) Place in a 9x13 pan
5) Mix butter and breadcrumbs together,  place on top of mac n cheese
6) Preheat oven on Broil, cook for 5 minutes

This is very very yummy!  Feel free to use fresh jalapeno peppers. You'll just need to saute them with olive oil for about 5 minutes.  I just used pickled because that is what I had in the fridge.

You can also try different cheeses, such as monterey jack, or pepper jack.. or heck, add them all in!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds simply fabulous Sandi........just from reading the ingredients ! Think I'll try it for guests......I'm not supposed to eat anything remotely like this yummy meal ( a-Ha !) Thanks for posting it !
Danielle said…
I made this last night and it was SUCH a hit and it will definitely be my new "item I bring to a pot luck". So easy and quick, thank you so much for sharing!
Heather said…
I made this tonight for dinner and it was soooo Good! I did tweak the recipe just alittle bit... I only used 1/2 cup JalapeƱo's with the juices! And also I highly recommend adding Salt and Pepper for taste. Love this recipe...
Chipotle Pepper said…
This is interesting, post more often!

Popular Posts