Thai Rice Noodles with Chicken
|Thai Rice Noodles with Chicken|
A couple things I might do different. 1) Cook the shallots with the green onions, ginger and garlic. 2) Not add chicken. The flavor was so amazing, that the chicken just got in the way for me.
Thai Rice Noodles with Chickenfrom Cooking Light, October 2009
1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
2 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
8 ounces 1/2 inch thick rice noodles
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh chile past with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
3 tablespoons thinly diagonally sliced green onions
1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup torn fresh basil
1/4 cup very thinly sliced lemongrass (tough outer stalks removed)
1/4 cup very thinly silced vertically sliced shallots
1. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice and chicken in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Soak noodles in hot water for 15 minutes or until somewhat soft but still slightly chewy. Drain wel..
3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, sugar and next 4 ingredients (through the chile paste). Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
4. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan, swirl to coat. Remove chicken from juice; discard juice. Add chicken to pan; stir fry 4 minutes or until done. Transfer to bowl, sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. 5. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 45 seconds or just until golden and fragrant. Add noodles, cook 30 seconds, tossing well.
6. Stir in sugar mixture. Add chicken; cook 30 seconds.
7. Place 1 1/4 cups noodle mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each with 2 tablespoons basil, 1 tablespoon lemongrass, and 1 tablespoon shallots