Monday, January 11, 2010

Cowboys, Chili and 'skins


The Cowboys beat the Eagles during the Wildcard game on Saturday.
They beat them 3 times this year.
It's so exciting!
Anyway, I opened the test kitchen trying out PW (Pioneer Woman's) Chili and Potato Skins.
My friend, Yvette and her husband came over to try the new grub, drink a few beers and watch the 'boys beat the Eagles.



First, I made "chili" bowls.  I used Pillsbury Grand Biscuits.
Sprayed the back of a muffin pan with PAM, and molded them around the cups.


Wa- LA!
Chili in a bowl!
This recipe is from PW's cookbook - "Simple. Perfect Chili" page 82.
Now I followed PW's recipe to a "T"
except
instead of using 2 lbs of ground beef
I used 1 lb of ground turkey and 1 lb of lean ground beef
(trying to save calories for the Potato Skins)


Again, this is from PW's cookbook - "PW's Potato Skins" page 22.
Since there were only 3 of us, I cooked 5 potatoes instead of 8.
I then cut them in half.

Takes me back to Bennigans - 1984.

If you do not have PW's cookbook, then you need to get a copy right away.
It's at all the local book stores, Walmart, and http://www.amazon.com/

   I grew up eating fast food and microwave dinners after my stepmom passed away in 1980.  I had a good friend, who's mom had died when she was young. Our way to get a home cooked meal was to go to Luby's Cafeteria. 
This cookbook brings the basics to 2010.  I love trying all the classic recipes. I haven't been disappointed yet.

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...