Monday, July 22, 2013

DIY - Canvas Art

My neice just turned 9 years old  
For her birthday,
she came over on Saturday
to spend the night.

After a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby,
we tried our first arts and crafts project.

We bought 2 different size canvas
They each had 2 in the pack
We each had an 8x10
&
 an 11x14 canvas

Of course, all inspiration came from Pinterest
Where else ?

 We just kind of "winged" it
We had the following:
acrylic paints
paint brushes
canvas
mod podge (sparkly)

My neice embraced the project with full force
She knew what she wanted to say
&
She knew exactly the colors she wanted to use
 
Me on the other hand..
Not so much...
I used copper & brown to match my room
I first started with a cute saying
but couldn't really commit
So, I just put random letters on after I painted the copper
Then I painted "expresso" over them
Then I wasn't thinking, and I peeled off the letters...
So... I had to improvise and paint gold over the DREAM letters
looks like it was meant to be that way, right???


This is both of our attempts of doing hearts.

I say for our first attempt at being artist,
we did pretty good...
since they are just going to hang
in our rooms for us to see



No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...