Thursday, August 1, 2013

DIY: Pepper and Spice Blends

Back in 2008, I posted about my favorite spice shop

It has every spice and dried herb imaginable,
they are fresh, and they provide several quantity options
so you aren't spending 7 dollars for a spice 
you will only use once

With that said, there are 2 products that I use all the
time so I decided to come up with my own blends 
Mainly because I bought these cute rustic 
salt/pepper shakers at Target
I didn't really need them
I just like them

Sooooooooooo

As I realized that I'm running out of 
cinnamon sugar
&
how much we use it on EVERYTHING
(pancakes, cookies, cupcakes, toast, etc)  

Cinnamon Suga
 I decided that my salt shaker would become 
a cinnamon suga shaker
I mixed about 3/4 cup sugar
with
 3 tablespoons of Penzey's Cinnamon

but

I did not stop there
I was also running out of 
black & red 
which is a blend of black & cayenne pepper
I use this in all my savory dishes 

SOOOOOOOOO


Black n Red Peppa

my pepper shaker became a
black n red peppa shaker
 
I combined black pepper with cayenne pepper
(sorry Penzey's - I like your peppers, but I was out of cayenne
and picked this one up at Target)

Now, I didn't take the time to measure
I believe I will regret this
a little bit of cayenne (red) pepper goes a very long way
very long
so, mix this one at your heat tolerance discretion
if you so dare to try it

So, do you have a favorite spice or pepper that you can't cook without ?

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...