Monday, July 15, 2013

White Rock Local Market


We have an awesome local farmers market in my neighborhood



1st and 3rd Saturdays
Lakeside Baptist Church
9150 Garland Rd
Dallas 75218

2nd and 4th Saturdays
Green Spot
702 N. Buckner Blvd
Dallas 75218

They are only open
from
8am - 1pm

I got there about 10ish and several farmers were already sold out

I recommend getting there EARLY

I was focused on fresh produce for the grill

Zucchini and Squash
I used the squash last night (see below)
I plan on grilling the zucchini tonight

Check out the lovely yellowy goldish ones

"Chocolate" Cherry Tomatoes

No, silly, these do not task like chocolate
They taste just like cherry tomatoes

Baby Portabellas & Button Mushrooms
I love love love mushrooms
I am going to stuff these and grill them 


Montasio Rosemary and Fresh Mozzarella Cheeses

 We have a fabulous local cheese company (actually several)
but this one is amazing

It's called the Mozzarella Company

Most of the local stores sell their cheeses
They have classes on how to make cheese, how to pair it with wine,
and
how to pair it with beer

I have not tried the Montasio Rosemary cheese
It is a hard cheese so I cannot wait to try it out on my next pasta dish

I plan on using the mozzarella cheese
on my next grilled pizza


Jamie Deen's Stuffed Squash Boats
This was last night's supper
Check out tomorrow's post for the recipe

This is probably the best recipe I've tried in a long time
(& I've tried alot) 

These have spicy italian sausage, red onions,
the "chocolate" cherry tomatoes from above, 
&
are topped off with panko/parmesan bread crumbs

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...