Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Test Kitchen - Homemade Gourmet - Season n Steam Sloppy Joe Mix


Sloppy Joes, Sloppy Sloppy Joes (Adam Sandler singing the Lunch Lady song- I think of this song EVERYTIME I think about Sloppy Joes)
Ok...
This was a bit weird for me.
First you cook 2lbs of ground beef in a ziploc bag in the microwave.
The ziploc bag is provided with the mix from Homemade Gourmet.
You drain the grease.. this wasn't as easy as the directions made it sound.
The liquid is supposed to drain out through the vent holes, but it took too long for me.
I ended up dumping the meat in a colander
Putting the meat back in the ziploc bag wasn't very easy, so I do not recommend taking it out of the ziploc like I did
Then you add tomato sauce and the provided seasonings.
Once this is mixed in ( I used my Pampered Chef Mixing Tool)  with the ground beef in the ziploc
You microwave it some more.

My son ate it because he was STARVING, but the flavor was a little bland for me.
I am used to making sloppy joes with tomato paste.. so I think it wasn't "rich" tasting enough for me.
It wasn't awful, but I will not be making this one again.
I did have success with the 3 Cheese Garlic Biscuits and the Tortilla Soup..so stay tuned for that update.


No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...