Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day - Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole


I made this on Christmas Day.

The recipe is courtesy of "chaos in the kitchen"

Click here for the recipe.

It is the best broccoli-cheese recipe I've made yet.

I was leery of the onion and celery,
but
OH MY GAH
I will forever use onion and celery from now on
I did change things up a little
I used a can of cream of chicken-mushroom soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup.
(I accidentally picked up a can of "Light Italian Wedding Soup" instead of the Chicken Mushroom..
Thank goodness, I had one of the staple cream soups in my pantry.)

I used also fresh broccoli
I ended up with more broccoli and rice than the recipe called for
so...
I compensated with extra milk and extra colby jack cheese
(because you can NEVER have enough cheese)

 To stay true to my love of cheese,
I even topped it off with more SHARP cheddar cheese
 

No comments:

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...