Saturday, July 21, 2012

House Project - Wine Tasting Room

I live in a 2 bedroom /1 bath duplex
that was built back in the 60's

This is considered a "bonus" room
It was originally a carport that was closed in

It doesn't have AC or heat
so
It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter

As you can see, I've been using it for storage only
Believe it or not, this looks better than before

The plan is to use this room to store all my entertaining
tools, supplies, junk, dishes, crap, etc

I also want to use it as a wine tasting room
it has a sliding door to the back yard
that I think will be perfect for
Spring/Fall entertaining

Here's the plan:

remove those plastic containers
(gearing up for a garage sale)
**sigh**
find a huge rug to cover the lovely gold tile
hang some art on the walls
organize the shelves that showcase my fabulous stuff



I found 4 of these chairs at a thrift store
for only $8.95 each

They are in the process of being transformed
(ok, painted black)

I found this table at another thrift store
for $75
The chairs do not really match
but I think it'll go
with the rustic feel
I'm trying to create

So, stay tuned.. I will post as I make progress

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Dear Sandi, Thank you for stopping by and leaving a nice comment.
I love finding beautiful bargains like your chairs and table. I also like the fact that these items now have a personality all their own.
I hope that you will visit again.
I am your newest follower. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...