Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 Countdown - 3 Days

I dream of an elegant Thanksgiving - with a glamourous table"scape" ...


like this one from Pottery Barn..

but alas.. that's not how we roll in my family

Ours is a potluck, and because there are so many people, there are a lot of small tables (that do not match) - more like "country" chic, and we typically eat with paper goods similar to these below...




It's still fun and festive, just a little bit "rustic".. you might say.
For those of you who are new to my blog, click here to see how my son and I spend our Thanksgiving festivities.  Or as Jeff Foxworthy might say...

"You might be a REDNECK, if you use a John Deere tractor to get your cooked turkeys out of the oven ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well......here we go again ! Thanksgiving day.....just three days away { if you don't count today. } Bev and Sandi did their food shopping together....on Sunday. I imagine both of them are cooking furiously.....pies....other important delicious stuff. Pat worked all week=end on firewood......man stuff....you know....all in prep for the big bon fire on Wed. nite. Bev asked me if I'd contribute my sugar free lemon pies.....I said sure.....don't know if anyone at all will be interested in sugar free anything.....but in case there are any other diabetics.......so.....the count down is on. One......two.......three........

Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl

We kicked off our bible study on Saturday. This is our 7th book over the last 5 years. I am really excited about this book. It was just r...